Music for events - concerts - corporate work - & weddings
Here in the Akina Office we get lots of enquiries from couples planning their weddings asking for some tips about suitable music for wedding ceremonies. So, we've put together a short guide which should hopefully be useful when thinking about music for your day.
Typically, music features in four parts of the wedding ceremony
1. whilst the guests are assembling before the ceremony begins
2. for the entrance of the Bride (Processional)
3. The signing of the registers
4. The exit of the Bridal Party (Recessional)
1. Whilst the guests are assembling beginning around 30 minutes before the ceremony itself is due to start we typically play a selection of classical pieces including Bach 'Air', A selection from Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons' and a Mozart selection. We play pieces at this point which are calm and not too exhuberant to set an appropriate mood for the ceremony
Contact us for further consultation for music for your wedding day we'd love to hear from you!
"The Akina String Quartet played really beautifully during our wedding reception and we are so grateful to them for helping to create such a lovely atmosphere for our guests. They are skilled musicians who play a wide range of music and also really helped us in picking the sort of music that would work well for our wedding day. While the photographer did his thing, the quartet moved to the room next to the balcony so that all the guests could continue listening to them play; these little thoughtful things really helped to make our wedding day so special. The quartet arrived well on time and were prompt and professional. I would warmly recommend them to anyone thinking of having a string quartet at any event."
Danusia and Jan, Bride and Groom (Northcote House, Sunningdale)